Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

For J.I.R. - January 17, 1966 - January 6, 1998

You are still in my heart and on my mind, almost 14 years later. I still miss your smile and see your face in my dreams. But I no longer blame myself. I learned to forgive you, and myself. I know that nothing I could have said or done would have swayed you from your decision, because you were not well. Depression consumed you and in a moment of drug-induced haze you chose the wrong course of action. I have learned so much from you, from our life together and from your death. I will never forget.

Today is International Survivors of Suicide Day.  I hate that almost 14 years later I still feel these feelings. SO many things I want to write but I just don;t have the words today. Maybe later. Maybe another day. Please stay strong. And if you can't be strong, reach out for help. You are not alone.

1 comment: