Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

a bit of needed sparkle

Lately I've been dealing with a shitload of stressy stuff, all of which I plan to write about later... suffice it to say the past few weeks have been grueling. So, this morning I started off my morning determined to be in a better mood. Listening to this definitely helped.



My amazing boyfriend introduced me to this little ditty, as he is a Civ geek. I find the song joyful and uplifting. Listening to it is like getting a hug from a unicorn... which is a pretty awesome thought. However, imagine my surprise when I looked up the song and found that it is actually a Swahili version of the Christian mantra The Lord's Prayer. I haven't been Christian in many years, but the Lord's prayer was always my favorite as a child. Now, as a Pagan, I can appreciate the simplistic beauty of the prayer without having to subscribe to the dogma or doctrine. And in this musical form it is perfectly gorgeous. So, thank you, Christopher Tin and the Soweto Gospel Choir, for giving me a bit of bliss during this stressful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment