Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Solstice! Here, have some pain.

 

Today is the Summer Solstice and I am sad because instead of going outside and enjoying the beautiful weather and basking in the energy of the longest day of the year, I am stuck inside on pain meds, barely able to make a peanut butter sandwich for myself. I have spent the majority of the day in bed. I had enough energy to make 2 phone calls and then promptly passed out again. 


On a scale of 1 to 10, my pain level was about a 7 before meds. After meds it's about 4.5, but I have very little neergy and I feel swollen all over. That makes typing fun - trying to type with little sausage fingers, yay! So if there are typos, I apologize but it's einvetible between the sausage fingers, meds and fibrofog. I feel; like a bloated fish underwater. .... underwater. Sorry. I just distracted myself with the fantasy of swimming in a large heated pool.... heaven. I love swimming, floating in the water soothes my body so much, not to mention my soul. I'm hoping the rain will hold off on Thursday so I can go to Googie's on his day off and take a dip in the pool. *tries to cross fingers.....no luck crossing fingers as they are fat little sausages that refuse to move* Oh well. I'm crossing them in my head. I'd cross my legs but I think that's for something else, not luck. Hopefully tomoorrow will be better because I have family things to do and I need to be coherent and mobile, none of which I am right now. Bleh.



Fukitol. I'm going back to bed. I hope I dream of butterflies and faeries and shiny pretty things with no pain. See you on the flip side.

2 comments:

  1. On the plus side... mmmm Sausages! Would you notice if you woke up a few fingers down I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know what happened to those 2 fingers and a thumb. BTW, nice job on the gauze wrapping. I totally didn't wake up through any of it.

    ReplyDelete