Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

30DC - Day 20

Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.



Not surprisingly I have always been drawn to my Celtic roots. Ireland, Scotland, even England - besides seeing where my ancestors hail from, I would love to visit the ancient standing stone sites, including Stonehenge, and other wonders all over the British Isles, including the temple-tomb in New Grange (Ireland), and the summit of Silbury Hill in Wiltshire (England; a spectacular man-made mountain in honor of the Goddess, which deserves it's own post here at some point). Oaky and I have talked for years about saving for a trip... I'm thinking of buying an actual piggy bank, maybe painting little shamrocks all over it. You have to start somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Can we try to tickle a Beefeater as well? Those dudes are crazy. What kind of bait do you think is used to try and catch a Nessie? Stonehenge is neat, I like stones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to tickling the Beefeaters - we shall bring big plumey feathers and tickle them under their noses until their hats fall off.
    Bait for Nessie - I'm thinking it's definitely NOT haggis, otherwise they would have caught her already. Maybe PB&J?
    Stonhenge FTW! Let's get stoned. :-P

    ReplyDelete