Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

30DC - Day 13

Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.


It was very difficult for me to choose a favorite, as my musical taste runs such an enormous range. I love music from all kinds of genres (as stated in my last post). However, there is one group that has remained at the top of my playlist for over 20 years. As well as being incredibly talented, the Indigo Girls have special meaning to me. In 1990 my high school pen-pal sent me a mix-tape, introducing me to the Indigo Girls via their song Closer To Fine. Googie bought me the Rites of Passage album (cassette tape!) the year I graduated from high school. We spent many hours riding around in his car listening to that tape. Years later he and I went to see them in concert and it was phenomenal. Oaky also loves their music (one of the first things we bonded over) and we've gone to 3 IG concerts together, including one outdoor show at Hampton Beach which will forever be burned into my memory. I have listened to their albums over and over, and I never get tired of them. The lyrics tell stories that are universal and resonate on profound levels. Their voices blend together perfectly (and are on my scale so I can sing them! haha). They never disappoint.

2 comments:

  1. AND let us not forget... INDIGO... which is kinda like PURPLE... which I understand is a color you kinda like.

    I don't know if I could pick a favorite, so I just went with the very first artist that came to mind which was Paul Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I hadn't even thought of the color aspect. :) You're so smart.

    ReplyDelete