Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

30DC - Day 07

Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.





This one took a lot of thought. I finally decided that "things" are nice but don't really mean that much to me. If a fire broke out in the middle of the night I wouldn't be grabbing stuff, I'd grab the cats and the people that I love who were there. My heart and the love I give and receive are the most precious things to me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the shiny things! They are pretty to look at but they are not what give meaning to my life. My relationships do that. My relationships with other people (and animals) and myself. When I love I give my all, that's the way it has been for me since I was a little girl. Some may say I give to much. But I say If you are wise when you give generously it always comes back to you. And how could that NOT be the most treasured thing in life?

2 comments:

  1. I assume Gertie would lead the other stuffies to safety should the need arise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Gertie may be small but she is trained in emergency situations of all kinds. Who would not follow cuteness of that caliber? The stuffies will survive.

    ReplyDelete