Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

30DC - Day 06

Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.

 
This was a really difficult one... and at the end of the day I find myself with no answer. Especially because today I felt amazingly grown up (something I rarely feel despite my age) and respected. Today my parents (F & M2) met me over at M1's to help Reboot clean the house and get it ready for inspection. First, I was impressed with the amount of work he'd done on his own already (and proud that he'd stepped up and done it). Second, just out of nowhere, in the middle of cleaning, with dust and cobwebs in my fuchsia hair, M2 told me that she thought I was "an amazing woman". What a moment! I felt such love and gratitude right then. I have had a few days in a row now of people telling me how awesome I am - I almost can't take anymore. Almost. LOL  

But, seriously, it was wonderful to feel that kind of love and appreciation. I even had a moment where I connected with Reboot (which doesn't happen often, the Aspie stuff usually gets in the way of emotion). I just wanted him to know that I was there for him to support him no matter what he needed, that I got the parents involved because I love him and don't want to see him overwhelmed. I think he was grateful for the help and we even hugged! I almost started to tear up, it's so rare that he & I connect emotionally. So I get back to Oaky's place and call M1 to let her know the progress report of cleaning house, and she sounded so much more calm and together than I'd heard in months. She's been very grateful for my help (which is so nice to hear). She's been so stressed out with dealing with my grandparents in FL that she hasn't been able to think straight. One of the reasons I hadn't told her about Oaky and I being back together. Until today. I finally bit the bullet and told her. And just like when I told M2 & F, I approached the topic in such a way that I felt in control and I believe it has earned their respect. I know they may disagree with my decisions, I know they may be concerned, but ultimately this is the man I love. He has worked extremely hard on bettering himself and I'd like for them to get to know that side of him, when everyone is ready. M1 didn't say a lot, she didn't sound thrilled, but she respected that this was my decision. She also said that she wouldn't hold her tongue anymore around Oaky - which I'm guessing means she expects me to bring him around - which is a hell of a lot more than I thought I would get from her. I was prepared for an all out ban from her premises. (She can hold a grudge better than anyone I know.) 

So, all in all, today I don't think I'd trade places with anyone. I finally feel like being me is a good thing, I'm growing into it.


2 comments:

  1. You are amazing, my partner, best friend and playmate.

    On a side note, M1 doesn't own a shotgun does she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but she gave birth to a ninja so we should go to her bearing gifts. Peanut M&Ms may be the key.
    :)

    ReplyDelete