Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

30DC - Day 05

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.


Besides the memory that gave this blog its start, I have to go with the Wonder Woman Underoos.... Oh yes, Underoos! As I mentioned in a previous post, when I was little I wanted to be Wonder Woman. So much so that my parents not only bought me the Underoos, but my artsy father fashioned for me a tiara and bracelets out of cardboard and duct tape. I wore my white leather belt and Dad hooked up some little contraption so I could hang my Magic Lasso (which I think was old laundry line rope). I donned my red rubber rain-boots and the outfit was complete! Not only did I run around the house like this, but I would sneak outside and run around in the yard trying to capture imaginary villains. I don't know how many times I got pulled inside and lectured at about Underoos not being acceptable public attire, but it obviously wasn't enough because I kept doing it. I also liked to pretend that I was the Bionic Woman. Dad had some glow-in-the-dark craft paint and would paint a panel with buttons on my inner forearm, just like the one Jamie Summers had when she opened her arm. It didn't show up in the sunlight too well, but down in the basement or in my closet it was fantastic! I would punch imaginary codes into the "buttons" and then make my way through the house and outside in slow motion. All the while making the slow-mo sounds, of course. *whoootch-tch-tch-tch-tch* My dad remembers looking out the window one winter day to see me in my red snow-suit, in 2 feet of snow, running slow-mo across the backyard, undoubtedly making the same noises. My imagination was my greatest toy.

2 comments:

  1. You -ARE- my Wonder Woman baby, especially in your underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seals it - I'm ordering the adult WW underoos.
    p.s. I LOVE that they now make adult underoos. Our generation is so f***ed up. LMAO

    ReplyDelete