Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

30DC - Day 04

Day 04 - A picture of your night.



This is a typical nighttime setting for me. My bed with fluffy pillows and cozy comforter, a good book,  my wondermuss sound machine, and my pharmacy-to-go. The sound machine is my saving grace. Between anxiety and fibromyalgia it can be difficult (read: near impossible) to relax and fall asleep, even after ingesting all my Rx meds. So my nightly routine has become: 

  1. Take nighttime meds.
  2. Use nasal spray (I can't breathe without it, yes I'm addicted, no I don't care, at this point I just want to be able to breathe).
  3. Turn on sound machine, usually to the "Rainstorm" or "Thunderstorm" setting.
  4. Read a good book until I can't keep my eyes open any more.

3 comments:

  1. How's your sound machine? I'm always afraid the loop will be too short and annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE it. The loops are seamless and it has a timer you can set in 30 minute increments up to 90 minutes, or you can use it without the timer and leave it on all night. I almost never use any of the settings other than the rain or thunderstorm, but there are 12 sounds to choose from. I think it's from Brookstone. I <3 it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My night isn't complete until I throw a stuffed animal at you. Then I can sleep well.

    ReplyDelete