Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.
I can't choose just ONE book - that seems ludicrous to me. I love books, I love reading, so much that it's impossible for me to pick just one. So here are a few of the ones that I feel I couldn't live without. From top to bottom:
- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley - my favorite version of the story of Camelot.
- The Myth of the Goddess: Evolution of an Image by Anne Baring & Jules Cashford - this was the textbook for a class I took on Images of the Goddess, one of my favorite classes in my whole undergrad experience. Lots of myths, archeological findings and exploration of the sociological reasons for worship.
- Love Is In The Earth by Melody - my favorite compendium of crystal/stone/mineral info ever!
- The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (Ultimate Edition) by Douglas Adams - I started reading these stories in high school and I was hooked immediately. Every so often I will re-read them and it's like visiting an old friend who can still make you laugh with the same jokes 20 years later. Love it.
- Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain by Devin Starlanyl & Mary-Ellen Copeland - this manual has saved my sanity many times over. Fibromyalgia is so complex and multi-layered, many people (including doctors and people with FM) don't realize half of what they experience is linked to the FM. I call this book my BIBLE.
- Ishmael by Daniel Quinn (changed my life, and how I look at the world)
- The Mayfair Witches Trilogy by Anne Rice
- The Odd Thomas books by Dean Koontz
- The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris
- The Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton